Choosing the right solar installation company is probably the most important decision in your solar panel investment. When you’re looking for the best solar installer in Florida, it can be overwhelming.
How do you know you’re choosing the right one? Like any other industry, the solar industry has its fair share of fast-talking salespeople, high-pressure tactics, and inflated performance claims.
So, we created an honest list of the best solar companies in Florida based on several different factors. We wanted a brutally honest top ten because you, as a consumer, deserve to trust where your money goes.
Note: ZERO of these companies paid us to be on this list. This list is our unbiased take on the best solar companies in FL.
Top 10 Residential Solar Installers in Florida
Efficient Home Services
- Provide free energy evaluations
- Team of experienced technicians with decades of combined industry experience
- Tracks your energy bills after upgrades to ensure everything is functioning as required
- Install panels with a performance warranty of 25 years
SunVena Solar LLC
- Does a pre-screening to help you establish whether you qualify for federal, state, and utility incentives
- Provides you with a free, no-obligation quote
- Offers a 25-year total system warranty, which is inclusive of panel and inverter warranty, labor guarantee, and production guarantee
- Simple and easy financing options that make solar more affordable
- Has a team of solar experts with years of experience
- Provide customized solar systems that suit your energy needs and budget
Miami, Orlando, Vero Beach
- Uses an industry-standard solar software to design arrays on your roof
- Flexible financing options that include a $0 down
- Certified Tesla’s Powerwall installer
- 25-year product warranty
- Provides customers with advanced solar monitoring software once the installation is complete
- Experience of 16 years in residential solar systems
- The first nationally accredited solar installer from Florida, which indicates they are experts
- Involves the client throughout the process to help design an efficient system
- Among the most experienced installer in the state with over 60,000 successful installations
- Use the best solar components designed for the weather in Florida
- It has highly trained technicians
- The company is insured to help protect your investment
Power Production Management
- Over 10 years of experience in residential solar systems
- A wide range of favorable financing options that include lease and PPA
- A referral program that helps reduce the cost of a system by $500
Unicity Solar Energy
- Offers a 25-year warranty on production and workmanship
- Provides a leak-free roof penetration guarantee
- It makes it possible to monitor your system from anywhere
- Gives a free estimate to all homeowners in Florida
Florida Power Services
Bradenton, Largo, Tampa
- Over 17 years of experience in residential solar
- Guarantee systems that will operate between 25-30 years
- Provides customized systems that are influenced by the nature of your property
- Offers a fixed rate solar loan at just 0.99%
Sun Badger Solar
- Over 25 years of combined experience
- Handles all the permits needed
- The company helps you claim incentives once the system is installed
- Offers multiple financing solutions
How We Calculated the Top Solar Installers
We combed the web and did a deep dive into all the solar companies in Florida. We read and averaged reviews from multiple websites, dug up warranties, accreditations, financing options, product options, experience, employee satisfaction, and more.
We looked at the following factors:
- Do they have NABCEP accreditation?
- Do they have BBB accreditation?
- How do their warranties look?
- Do they offer financing options?
- Do they offer product options?
- Do they use quality products?
- How long have they been in business?
- How many customers have they serviced?
- How many employees do they have?
- How is their employee satisfaction?
- Company website
Like other states across the nation, the federal tax credit that is currently at 26% is applicable in Florida. Therefore, you can save 26% of your system’s total cost by claiming this tax credit.
Florida has a solar system property tax exemption, which covers homes whose value has increased due to the installation of a solar system. This incentive benefits homeowners trying to increase the value of their houses the most because they avoid any additional tax.
Florida also has a sales-tax exemption on residential solar systems that also extends to battery installations.
The average price of panels in this state is $2.65 per watt. This price dictates the cost of a solar system installation in Florida. Using this rate, the average cost of 5kW and 6kW systems are $13,250 and $ 15,900, respectively. This is before accounting for any incentive.
When the 26% federal tax credit is considered, the price for a 5kW system falls to about $9,800, while that of a 6kW drops to around $11,700. Another additional incentive by the state that helps reduce the average cost of installation is a sales-tax exemption on solar products.
Florida solar energy by the numbers
- Solar Installed (MW): 5,800
- National Ranking: 4th (3rd in 2019)
- Enough Solar Installed to Power: 7687,900 homes
- Percentage of State’s Electricity from Solar: 2.76%
- Solar Jobs in Florida: 12,202
- Solar Installers in Florida: 209
- Number Of Installations: 74,000
Data current through Q3 2020