Solar energy gadgets are the new way of using the best that technology has to offer by also helping the planet.
We all love gadgets. They’re useful, nifty little machines that make our lives easier, plus they are usually ingenious per se. But what if we could find devices that are fueled by our planet’s life source? Solar energy gadgets are on the rise and are here to stay. Earlier this year, we reviewed our favorite gadgets for 2018, some of our favorite gadgets made the cut again this year and here are our top picks for 2019 that we think you should bring home.
1. Solar Hat iPhone Charger: How splendid is a hat that protects your face from the sun AND uses it to avoid having a dead phone? SOLSOL created this innovative fashion gadget formed by five panels and 100% Cotton Snapback Flat Brim Hat which charges not only an iPhone but also Samsung Galaxy, LG and other smartphone and 5 Volt smart devices such as iPod, iPads, GoPros, Bluetooth headphones and speakers, power banks and more. For about $56, you can afford to forget your charger on a sunny day.
2. AMIR Solar Powered String Lights: For those warm spring and summer nights (or all-year round for a unique decor), nothing better than introducing the poetry of the party: lighting. Let 100 warm white LED lights brighten your evening. The solar panel is connected to 33 ft of string to decorate your space. These lights are perfect for the garden, patio & backyard.
3. Logitech Solar Wireless Keyboard: If you enjoy working al fresco, then think no further: you need this solar energy gadget, one of our favorite gadgets in 2018 and it made the cut again this year. With a stylish design and durable charge of up to three months without seeing the light of day, the Logitech Solar Wireless Keyboard will render your working experience all the more productive without the worry of plugging in. Compatible with Mac, PC, Tablets, Ipads & more.
4. Birksun Boost Solar Backpack: Many a solar backpack graces our sun-kissed planet, but very few of them are fine pieces of design. The Birksun is simple and elegant yet fresh in appearance and is sure to be one of our favorite solar energy gadgets. You can charge your laptop, tablet, or phone while simply breezing through a sunny day. According to their website, a Birksun will charge your device at the same speed as a wall outlet, and for every three minutes the panel receives direct sunlight, its battery will generate the equivalent of 1% smartphone battery power.
5.- Skylock Solar Bikelock: Millenials, rejoice! At last, we found a device that keeps your mode of transportation safe but also takes advantage of the glorious rays of the sun. This gadget isn’t your average bike lock; it’s a smart lock that connects to your phone via Bluetooth to unlock your bike as you are nearing, it also alerts theft threats, and even lets others in your network know. This lock sounds like the perfect gift for any bike enthusiast you may know. You can learn more about this new innovation on their Indiegogo campaign page.
6. Sunport Solar Plug: This solar energy gadget is entirely self-explanatory. It is a gadget used exclusively to demand the use of solar power. Solar panels can be costly, but we don’t have to own them to make use of them. Sunport had the brilliant idea of creating this device to demand units of solar power to nourish our homes, be that for light use (a laptop), medium use (a refrigerator), or even heavy use (a small or medium A/C). At a very affordable cost of $50.00, the Sunport Solar Plug is the end of excuses for helping the environment with solar energy without owning panels and the beginning of helping to save the planet just a plug away.
7. Eton Rukus Solar-Powered Bluetooth Speaker: If you’re looking for a gadget that will play music, charge your phone, and be water resistant; look no further. The Eton Rukus speaker can play music for eight straight hours after being fully charged. Get this eco-friendly party started.
8. XD Design Solar Window Charger: This slick solar energy gadget is the best way to make the most of a sunny day, even if you can’t be outside. The XD charger has an incredibly simple sticking system to the window and is aesthetically pleasing. Who said nature-lovers were not chic?!
Whether you’re a tech wiz or a design buff, we can all agree on saving the planet, one solar energy gadget at a time. Using the sun to fuel our everyday life is simpler than we imagine and hopefully, the future will shine brighter thanks to solar energy.