Choosing the right solar installation company is probably the most important decision in your solar panel investment. When you’re looking for the best solar installer in Texas, it can be overwhelming.
We researched this list of the best solar companies in the Lone Star State based on several different factors, including customer reviews, and amount of experience with solar installation specific to Texas.
Top 10 Residential Solar Companies in Texas
Freedom Solar Power
Sunshine Renewable Solutions
Energy Renovation Center
Harker Heights, TX
San Antonio, TX
Texas Energy Experts
Astrawatt (RisingSun Solar)
How We Calculated the Top Solar Installers
We combed the web and did a deep dive into all the solar companies in Texas. We read and averaged reviews from multiple websites, dug up warranties, accreditations, financing options, product options, experience, employee satisfaction, and more.
We looked at the following factors:
- Do they have NABCEP accreditation?
- Do they have BBB accreditation?
- How do their warranties look?
- Do they offer financing options?
- Do they offer product options?
- Do they use quality products?
- How long have they been in business?
- How many customers have they serviced?
- How many employees do they have?
- How is their employee satisfaction?
- Company website
How to Choose the Top Solar Installer
- Read up on the solar installer’s reviews and client testimonials
- Find out about the warranties offered
- Check the solar installer’s credentials and accreditations
- Ask for the turnaround time
- Look for customized solutions
- Decide whether you want a national or local solar installation company.
- Get multiple quotes. Get a quote from at least 3 solar companies.
PA Solar Energy Incentives
Texas residents can take advantage of the 30% federal investment tax credit (ITC). A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your total income tax liability. If your system costs $10,000, you could claim a $3,000 credit on the federal taxes you owe. The tax credit carries forward multiple years in case your federal tax liability is low.
Other solar financial incentives to look for (not available in every state):
- State tax credits
- Net metering
- SRECs – Solar Renewable Energy Certificates
- Utility companies sometimes offer incentives
- City and county-level incentives
- Tax exemptions – sales and property value increase
How Much Do Solar Panels Cost in Texas?
The average cost of solar panels (including installation) in Texas is $2.64 per watt. Therefore, the average cost of a 5kW solar panel system is $13,200, and $9,768 after the federal tax credit.
Average payback period in Texas: 10 years
Average 20 year savings in TX: $18,400
Factors that determine your total cost
- Size of the system
- Solar installation company
- PA solar incentives, tax credits, and rebates
- Solar financing options
- Payback period
- Electricity rates in Texas
- Roof condition
- Costs by city
- Home value increase
Texas Solar Energy Facts
- Solar Installed (MW): 16,173
- National Ranking: 2nd (1st in 2021)
- Enough Solar Installed to Power: 1,855,828 homes
- Percentage of State’s Electricity from Solar: 4.7%
- Solar Jobs in TX: 10,346
- Solar Installers in TX: 160
- Number of Installations: 197
Data current through Q3 2022