We’ve been there – you want to go solar for your home but finding the best Mississippi solar companies can be overwhelming.
How do you know you’re choosing the right company to put solar power in your home in the Magnolia State?
So we researched the options for going solar in Mississippi and evaluated several criteria, including customer feedback on the solar installation process, and experience in local Mississippi markets.
Best Residential Solar Companies in Mississippi
ADT Solar (Sunpro Solar)
How We Calculated the Top Solar Installers
We combed the web and did a deep dive into all the solar companies in Mississippi. We read and averaged reviews from multiple websites, dug up warranties, accreditations, financing options, product options, experience, employee satisfaction, and more.
We looked at the following factors:
- Do they have NABCEP accreditation?
- Do they have BBB accreditation?
- How do their warranties look?
- Do they offer financing options?
- Do they offer product options?
- Do they use quality products?
- How long have they been in business?
- How many customers have they serviced?
- How many employees do they have?
- How is their employee satisfaction?
- Mississippi solar company website
How to Choose the Top Solar Company
- Read up on the solar installer’s reviews and client testimonials
- Find out about the warranties offered
- Check the solar installer’s credentials and accreditations
- Ask for the turnaround time
- Look for customized solutions
- Decide whether you want a national or local solar installation company.
- Get multiple quotes. Get a quote from at least 3 solar companies.
Mississippi Solar Energy Incentives
Mississippi residents can take advantage of the 30% federal investment tax credit (ITC). A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your total income tax liability. If your system costs $10,000, you could claim a $3,000 credit on the federal taxes you owe. The federal solar tax credit carries forward multiple years in case your federal tax liability is low.
Other solar financial incentives to look for (not available in every state):
- State tax credits
- Net metering
- SRECs – Solar Renewable Energy Certificates
- Utility companies sometimes offer incentives
- City, county-level, and state incentives
- Tax exemptions – sales and property value increase
How Much Do Solar Panels Cost in Mississippi?
The average cost of a 5kW solar panel system in MS is $15,050, and $11,137 after the federal tax credit.
Average payback period: 7 years
Average 20-year savings: $40,000
Factors that determine your total cost
- Size of the solar systems
- Solar installation company
- MS solar incentives, tax credits, and rebates
- Solar financing options
- Payback period
- Electricity rates in MS
- Roof condition
- Costs by city
- Home value increase