Choosing the right solar installation company is probably the most important decision in your solar power investment. When you’re looking for the best Louisiana solar companies, it can be overwhelming.
How do you know you’re choosing the right solar company for your home in the Pelican State?
We researched the best solar companies based on several different factors, including customer reviews, and experience installing solar in Louisiana.
Best Residential Solar Companies in Louisiana
ADT Solar (Sunpro Solar)
SunPower by South Coast Solar
JEH Solar LLC
How We Calculated the Top Solar Installers
We combed the web and did a deep dive into all the solar companies in Louisiana. We read and averaged reviews from multiple websites, dug up warranties, accreditations, financing options, product options, experience, employee satisfaction, and more.
We looked at the following factors:
- Do they have NABCEP accreditation?
- Do they have BBB accreditation?
- How do their warranties look?
- Do they offer financing options?
- Do they offer product options?
- Do they use quality products?
- How long have they been in business?
- How many customers have they serviced?
- How many employees do they have?
- How is their employee satisfaction?
- Company website
How to Choose the Top Solar Installer
- Read up on the solar installer’s reviews and client testimonials
- Find out about the warranties offered
- Check the solar installer’s credentials and accreditations
- Ask for the turnaround time
- Look for customized solutions
- Decide whether you want a national or local solar installation company.
- Get multiple quotes. Get a quote from at least 3 solar companies.
Louisiana Solar Energy Incentives
Louisiana residents can take advantage of the 30% federal investment tax credit (ITC). A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your total income tax liability. If your solar system costs $10,000, you could claim a $3,000 credit on the federal taxes you owe. The federal solar tax credit carries forward multiple years in case your federal tax liability is low.
Other solar financial incentives to look for (not available in every state):
- State tax credits
- Net metering
- SRECs – Solar Renewable Energy Certificates
- Utility companies sometimes offer incentives
- City and county-level incentives
- Tax exemptions – sales and property value increase
How Much Do Solar Panels Cost in Louisiana?
The average cost of a 5kW solar panel system in LA is $14,600, and $10,804 after the federal tax credit.
Average payback period: 6.5 years
Average 20-year savings: $41,000
Factors that determine your total cost
- Size of the solar power system
- Solar installation company
- Louisiana solar incentives, tax credits, and rebates
- Solar financing options
- Payback period
- Electricity rates in LA
- Roof condition
- Costs by city
- Home value increase
Best Solar Companies Near You